Buy McLane 4G-7-P 9-Inch 4HP Honda Gas Powered Lawn Edger (CARB Compliant)McLane 4G-7-P 9-Inch 4HP Honda Gas Powered Lawn Edger (CARB Compliant) Product Description:
- 9-inch edging blade
- Includes curb wheel
- Honda 4-cycle engine
- Single level blade clutch and depth control
- CARB Compliant For Sale In California
Product Description
McLane - manufacturing the best quality, precision cutting lawn and garden equipment since 1946. The McLane facility covers over 75,000 square feet in the city of Paramount, CA. McLane produces reel mowers, green mowers, rotary mowers, and edgers. All edgers are made of heavy duty steel frames with dual cutterhead bearings for smooth cutting. Smooth live rubber replaceable tires and chip resistant baked on powder coated paint. McLane has many dealers and distributors located nation wide for your convenience. For a McLane dealer in your area please contact us by phone at (562) 633-8158 or email info@mclanemower.com.
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
McClane 4G-7-P edger is worth the money
By Don D Davenport
I researched the internet for a recommended edger and settled on the McClane brand. I was planning to buy the 901 model but in the end decided to upgrade to the 4G model. I really didn't see a lot of differences between the two, but had a slight bias in favor of the Honda engine. Also, noted there was a lot of criticism regarding the throttle control on the 801/901 models. However, I assume that has been corrected by now anyway.The edger arrived in only a few days, sooner than I'd expected. It was a normal setup, mostly bolting on the handle and throttle control. I did have a panic attack when I tried to fill it with oil, as the filler location is directly in line with one of the rear wheels. I actually started to remove the wheels when I realized there is a spacer clip between the wheels that when removed allows you to slide the wheel out of the way.The engine started on the first pull and the edger is almost effortless to operate. I reclaimed about 3 inches of sidewalk in short order, with a nice clean cut on each side. What a difference this makes for a well manicured look to your lawn. I fully expect this product to do the job for 10 - 15 years on our corner lot with two driveways. If you want a quality product this is it.
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful.
A little disappointed
By MyFoose
Everything I've purchased from Amazon.com has been impeccable. The shipping has been quick, the item completely as described and the price as quoted. However; it couldn't last forever. I bought this McLane edger because of the quality of the previous one I've owned. It's twice the price but you get what you pay for. This time, it wasn't complete. Small things for certain but diminishes the excitement of "new".I received 6 bolts and 5 nuts with which to install the hadle. OK, I happen to have spare parts and used a nylock nut from stock. Then, there was the missing throttle cable clip. This holds the throttle cable to the handle and prevents rubbing. OK, I had one in stock from a previous machine. Again, little things.Finally, while not included, there should be 2, 3/8" flat washers to put over the "height/angle" control rod. These washers in front of the cotter pins keep the rod from binding. While I'm at it, I replaced the cottor pins with "hairpin" clips because if there's a point of a cotter pin sticking out, I'll be sure to catch it and bleed all over my new machine.Overall, again, good service, great product but little nagging inconveniences.I will definitely continue to recommend this item and Amazon to friends.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
sidewalk edger
By Richard E. Cervi
After many years of purchasing this type of walk behind edgers...I finally purchased a real walk-behind...quiet, stable, well built you just can not compare the quality of this to whats out there Rich Cervi
Latest Price: See on Amazon.com!
More Info: See on Amazon.com!
See Customers Review: See on Amazon.com!