Discounted Russound X75 2-Channel Dual Source Amplifier

Russound X75 2-Channel Dual Source AmplifierBuy Russound X75 2-Channel Dual Source Amplifier

Russound X75 2-Channel Dual Source Amplifier Product Description:



  • RUSSOUND 2800-533020 2CH DUAL SOURCE AMPLIFIER

Product Description

The X75 is a 2-channel dual source power amplifier with autosource switching. It features two audio line inputs with a loop out to another zone, receiver, or device from Line 2 source. This amplifier can be used for power upgrades in specific zones, for speaker selector or volume control systems. The X75 is a Class D amplifier rated at 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms, and 60 watts into 8 ohms. With the Stereo/Bridge Mono switch in Bridge Mono position, both amplifier channels are combined for a higher powered mono output. In Bridge mode the X75 is rated at 160 watts of power into a single 8 ohm load.

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
4Excellent amp for many of today's setups
By Jan S. Strnad
I bought the Russound X75 for my office setup, which consists of source material on the computer feeding two sets of speakers, one indoors, one outdoors.This is not a critical listening setup, given that most of the music comes from iTunes (compressed digital) and I'm driving a pair of Sony bookshelf speakers of decent but not super quality. The speakers give out before the amp does, and I can drive both sets of speakers simultaneously louder than I want to listen to them (or the neighbors should be asked to endure)and still enjoy smooth and effortless sound.I love the simplicity of this amp! It has all I want and nothing else, which gives it a very clean, uncluttered look and makes it a snap to operate. You can select Speakers A or B or both, adjust the balance, and adjust the volume. That's it. If you want to further tailor the sound, you might be able to do so through the computer interface depending on your sound card, or you can add a pre-amp, equalizer, etc.Here are the cons, and they are really, really minor:The amp has automatic switching, meaning that you can hook up two sources and it will switch automatically between them. Your primary source plugs into Line 2, which strikes me as counter-intuitive. If the amp senses a signal from Line 1, it'll override Line 2. It just seems strange to me that your primary source plugs into Line 2, and I can imagine this causing some confusion for people who don't read the manual. I have only one source, so I haven't tested the auto-switching function.The speaker buttons are kind of annoying, in that when you select A, B automatically de-selects. When you push B, A deselects. To get both, you push both buttons in simultaneously. This seems needlessly fiddly to me.The red LED power light is obnoxiously bright. Blindingly bright at night even in a fully lighted room, like someone shooting a laser pointer at your eyes. It's nothing that a piece of electrical tape won't fix, but I hate to stick tape on such an elegantly styled front panel.The big plus, though, is the sound. (My wife just entered the room and remarked at how nice it sounded.) Now I want better speakers!In short, I highly recommend this amp even with the quibbles!

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
2Not As Advertised By Manufacturer
By High Rise Stargazer
The X-75 would have been a good choice had it included the features claimed by the manufacturer in their user's guide. But the X-75 lacks an important feature - the auto power-down on loss of audio input, does not exist.That feature, even though listed as a feature, and described in the user manual, only exists in Russound amps costing more than twice as much.So the thing is an energy hog 24 x 7 x 365 unless you turn it off with the power switch directly.Much cheaper to buy a lower-priced amp and a speaker switch or fader pads than this.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
5Bang for Buck!
By Fade 11
Needed an amplifier to push my in ceiling/wall speakers in formal space and pool side speakers. This amp does that perfectly! Given that most of those type of speakers aren't powerhouses it performs better than expected. Is the sound as good as an upper level denon receiver-NO. Does it provide decent sound for Zone 2/3 operations-Yes. I gave 5 stars because it exceeded my expectations for the price.

See all 12 customer reviews...


Latest Price: See on Amazon.com!
More Info: See on Amazon.com!
See Customers Review: See on Amazon.com!

Buy Russound X75 2-Channel Dual Source Amplifier